Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Background painting



Before going to bed, I have to put one more post... of my jungle painting! I will post my Layout of it later on.





this is my tonal study done in gray markers.






some color study thumbnails.






Overlay foliage which was painted with gouache on water paper ( I hope this is the good term). I have then cut out the negative space around my foliage with an exacto knife, so we can see the underlay objects even more and give a better feel of depth too.





underlay and background. I used some masking fluid over the mountains with trees to get a good wash of my sky, which I am very happy with the final result.






and the final product!











2 comments:

  1. I love it! Great work! It's hard to do nice lights and shadows like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this project was a good learning experience for the painting technique and of couse taking the tonals and depth in mind as well, good exercise. :)

      Delete